Thursday, April 1, 2010

We're getting ready to celebrate...

Easter and Katie's 2nd birthday! I'm super excited for Triduum services these next days! And Kate's birthday falls in the midst (Holy Saturday). My folks and brother John are headed down tonight for the weekend. Today we got to practice blowing out candles (she wasn't able to do it a month ago) at our Mom's group gathering. And of course all the kids sang. She thought it was great. We also go her pictures taken this week. We usually have my SIL take them but it didn't work out to do it on our last visit and I wasn't sure when we'd visit again so I bit the bullet. Portrait Innovations had a special and we got plenty of pics of this one shot. Though I sure had a tough time choosing.

You can't tell from the picture but she was less than thrilled to be getting her pictures taken. The studio frightened her and she was just not about it. That says a lot for Aunty Trina doing them next time. ;-)

P.S. My next post will be #100 can you believe it!?!?

5 comments:

Trina said...

Sorry you had to pay to have her pics taken - they are cute tho! We were too busy taking pics for her book - wait till you see it! :)

Angie said...

I think they're pretty cute, too. Though I like the book better- so fun!!

And I really think the pics you've taken are just as cute- and a lot less 'painful' in Katie's opinion. She really didn't like the lady taking pictures or the experience. ;-)

Marla said...

So cute. I can't believe she's 2!!!!

Julie said...

Sorry to hear the experience wasn't all that great, but seeing as you have a crazy adorable little girl, it seemed to work out! :)

Monica said...

This is a tough age for pictures. It gets better though, so I hear. Gemma's still not a huge fan. You got a great one though, very sweet!