Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Quick Journey


Well, this year's Lenten/Easter Bible Study has wrapped up for the season. You may recall my mentioning it in a post back in February when it began. Our last session here in Kieler was this evening. It was (as last year was, too) a real joy to lead. We had nearly 25 participants again this year with some that had returned for a second season. My friend JoAnn and I worked together to get things going. I was once again in awe at how God works all things for His plan.

I have used The Bible Timeline in the past and it continues to be a great basic resource in cracking open the Scriptures for adults. Since we've done the 'quick' version at our parish the last two years I have taken the liberty to add a few Bible Basics to the evenings and open things up to other questions that folks might have on their minds. It is always humbling to have to go back to the Word and the Tradition of the Church and recall answers for others (including myself) to grow in knowledge and faith. I am so pleased to see how the Spirit continues to burn in the hearts of so many! Hopefully there will be much fruit that comes from these evenings! All glory to Him of course with much gratitude for the gift of sharing faith.

In thinking about this, I am so thankful to Kurt for allowing me this teaching opportunity and outlet. I don't know how long I'll be able to balance this addition to marriage and family life but at the moment these evenings have been counted as treasure. A needed break. Some quality adult conversation. An opportunity to share what I have been given. In short they bring me joy! And none of that would be possible with out my love and his willingness to take on Kate for the evening solo.

Anyway, tonight, I arrived home to a sleeping house with so much joy and such energy I had to wind down by sharing a bit here. Continued Easter Blessings! And thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing your joy! I'm glad to hear the study and group went so well again. Love to you and Kurt, Kate and wittle peanut!