Friday, April 30, 2010

A Kate Update

A few things I've been thinking about blogging regarding Kate these past few weeks.

MYSELF! Has been big in the life of this budding two year old. Where does that come from? One day she's needy as can be and the next Miss Independent has entered the scene. I have an appreciation for this new found freedom from help on most days. But there are other moments it gets quite exhausting (and I'm supposed to not be doing anything, how can that be?). Regardless, we've started to go the the bathroom, MYSELF. Get dressed and shoes on, MYSELF. Get a snack, MYSELF. etc, etc. MYSELF!

Since its t-minus 5 weeks till the baby's arrival we've been talking about it more frequently. Kate has been with me to nearly all of my drs. appointments and really has down the concept of the baby having a heart (she'll listen for it like the doctor does). She also knows it kicks and moves. Early on this concept was kinda funny. Especially when she went up and felt Kurt's belly and asked if his baby was sleeping. ;-) LOL! She's also been cued in a bit on our plans for the baby's birth. She knows that Gramma Ann is coming down to be with her at that time. Since Gramma's visits are so special anyway she's been talking non-stop about things that she'll do when Gramma comes. "Gramma cut my hair!" Gramma, Pops, Trevor, Kaylee, Uncle John and I sleep in the big bed." "I, Gramma's girl!" Now how on earth my mom's visit became a family sleep over is beyond me. It makes me laugh to think of my parents, niece, nephew and bachelor brother as well as Katie in the king size bed down stairs. But I too am getting more excited for Gramma's visit- especially since that means that the baby is on its way out!

In another baby realm, I've been having some intense sciatic nerve pain with this pregnancy. It has been disabling for travel since just after Easter. One of the 'solutions' to deal with the pain is laying down and icing which I try to do at least once a day, most recently. So Kate of course if she's up wants to "ice my bum, too" She's such a copycat in word and deed. I can certainly see how bad habits could be taught instead of good! As an aside, I have really struggled being 'stuck' in the area and not able to travel as I'd like. Prayers are certainly appreciated. I know that many women have things much more difficult in pregnancy and in life- I've just got to keep things in perspective.

Well it is beginning to storm here so I'm going to close for now and shut down the computer...more later. Happy Friday- and weekend!

3 comments:

Monica said...

HAHA, good 'ole independence. Gemma got kind of clingy and a bit more dependent after Kolbe's birth, but is back to her "I do it, IIIIIII do it" self!! We, too, prepared her for getting to stay with g-ma and things went so smoothly in that department. Hopefully our "twins" can meet some day.

Wish you were closer, my hubby is a chiropractor and does well with the sciatic issues. Being adjusted while I was preggo was awesome. Still is, but I especially appreciate it then.

Anyways, enjoyed the updates!!

Marla said...

ouch! sounds very painful. At least you only have a bit left.

Julie said...

Thanks for the update, Ang, I was just wondering how you had been feeling lately. We'll definitely be praying specifically for relief from your pain, and for continued health for the little one. I wish I could just drop everything and come give and get a hug, as they do wonders for my soul! :) Love to you, friend.