Monday, March 29, 2010

Monkeys at the "Ooeseum"

Last week Wednesday, Kate and I went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum. As you may (or may not) know in a former life I taught Old and New Testament and reveled in Scripture study. When I'm not doing alphabet puzzles or playing with Elmo and friends these days I do reminisce and try to dig my Biblical knowledge out of the dust of our basement and my brain. My dear friend, Mary Beth (we were classmates and roommates in graduate school) invited us to meet her in Milwaukee on her day off. I couldn't resist as in 10 weeks I don't know that I'll be able to travel on a whim.

To prepare, I was talking to Kate all week about going to see Mary Beth and the museum which she pronounces ooo-see-um. I also found our newly acquired monkey harness (thanks SIL!) and pulled the umbrella stroller out the garage. Katie was utterly excited about the monkey harness and also bringing her sunglasses for the drive. I mentioned this to MB on the phone that morning- I'm bringing the monkey. ;-)

The trip is going down as a success. Though I wish we lived closer to MB so we could have more chatting time. She is such a good friend in Christ!

Here are some shots. The camera wasn't allowed in the Dead Sea and Bible exhibit. :-(

Kate's favorite was the butterfly room. These pictures don't do it justice. I was wishing for a video camera to capture her reactions.

There went a butterfly to the left of mom. ;-)

Kate and MB in the butterfly atrium.

These butterflies are fun!
She knows she's cute.
The makings of a butterfly.

One little cocoon in another cocoon.

We came all this way to see the Dead Sea Scrolls and drink coffee with MB.

The drive home was quiet. ;-) All in all a great trip.

1 comment:

Julie said...

hey - when did you get the minivan?!