FOR TODAY
Monday, January 18th, 2010
Outside my window...there is still lingering fog from this morning and many of the trees are painted in frost. A great day for outdoor pictures if I had a camera that wasn't being held hostage with all of my vacation an Christmas pictures.
I am thinking...I should turn off the computer after this and spend some more time with my little one. Though I am impressed at her ability to entertain herself recently.
I am thankful for...having a four day weekend with my husband. We're going to have dinner with friends tonight and he's watching Kate this afternoon so I can shop by myself for once.
From the learning room...Kate has been working on singing some more children's songs. She's quite good at Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Old McDonald, Happy Birthday, and Baa, Baa Black Sheep. She needs more practice on The Alphabet Song but its coming along! Oh and she's addicted to the Song of the Saboo (spelling) from a Veggie Tales CD we have in the van.
From the kitchen...the breakfast dishes still need to be done and are cluttering up the counter. We're bringing French bread and oil dippers tonight for dinner- not much prep on my part.
I am wearing...one of my last pair of real pants that fit, khakis; a black maternity shirt with buttons, black earrings from our night out last night and my standard black shoes picked up in San Francisco on our vacation because my feet were so sore from the heals I'd brought.
I am creating...my special pb&j sandwiches for lunch today.
I am going...to Target for the first time in I'd bet a year. I used to be in love with the store in college but shopping with Katie has limited my time and energy to groceries and thrift stores. I'm curious if I'll find anything to my likings.
I am reading...The Friday Night Knitting Club (from the library). Its ok so far not what I expected. I was looking for a book recommended to me by a friend (The Wednesday Letters) but forgot which day of the week was in the title and came home with this instead. Perhaps on our next library visit I'll have more success.
I am hoping... to get to play with Katie outside this week. We've been reading about snowmen and I have been wanting to make one with her but it hadn't been warm enough till now. Should be an adventure!
I am hearing...Kate play with her shapes and now a "Mommy" plea for help in putting them into the right slots. Momentary pause....
Around the house... there are lots of things that need to be put in their place including toys, books, and some filing that's gathering dust. That is a BIG GOAL for the week.
One of my favorite things...is Katie and her budding vocabulary. She's not afraid to try out new words (encyclopedia, aluminum, radio etc.) and the now common response to my, "I love you." "Love you, too"
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Holy Name Christmas Party Tuesday night
Mom's group Thursday
a couple of Dr's. apts.
and that pesky filing.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I took this shot the morning of our wedding makes a cold winter day a bit warmer! Have a marvelous Monday and rest of the week!!
1 comment:
So I started this before I read your post - another mention of the hostage held camera....do you want me to send it? No one ever asked I just assumed you'd come get it...but now I feel like you're waiting for me to mail it! Anyways - I sent an email too - but check this out:
http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/KielerSnyder/Camera%20Winter%202010/
Post a Comment