Friday, May 22, 2009

Seven Quick Takes Friday


-One-
I am excited to be starting a summer Bible Study at our church sometime this June. I have 6 or 7 ladies that have approached me with interest thus far. I still haven't decided what we'll study. I am kind of thinking I might do a series on the Sacraments and Scripture. Anyone have any good ideas?

-Two-
We had a sewing party again this week. I was able to patch up a pair of Kurt's Lee Dungaree shorts. He is in the process of writing a letter of complaint to Lee Dungaree because there seems to be a ripping trend that I have had to mend. Let's hope the letter gets us a free pair of pants!

-Three-
Pampered! My mother-in-law and I were pampered this week with manicures and pedicures (post mother's day treat). We really aren't as sophisticated as it may sound- it was a first for the both of us. What fun!
-Four-
Shout out--I wanted to use my blog to pass on my congrats to....
2009 Graduates
Kurt Snyder
Sean Snyder
Heidi Zenner
Pacelli High School Seniors (too numerous to mention...but all in thought and prayer)

And birthdays in May...
Alex Snyder
Paula Minell
Kurt Snyder
Katrina Harris
Trevor Harris --turning 4!!
Lauren Snyder

Anniversaries in May
Troy and Rachael Runde (thanks for introducing Kurt and I)
Tom and Trina Harris (thanks for your great witness)

-Five-
How does your garden grow?
Mine is looking great thanks to my green thumb husband! I also attempted to plant lilies of the valley along the one side of our house. There are quite a few left if anyone is interested...I'm still trying to decide if I want to plant them around here. Better do that soon, huh?

-Six-
I have been enjoying reading a Catholic fairy tale series recently. I found them through blogging (of course) and was pleasantly surprised to be able to get them on inter-library loan. You, too, could check them out here.

-Seven-
We have house guests again! My friend, Paula, is down on her annual vacation (a Memorial Day tradition) and a former student of mine, Jacob, is also visiting too. I know, you might think its funny to have a student visiting but it is really kinda neat! It is weird to see how he's grown into an adult now- in graduate school (and almost done!). I am really enjoying their company! We were up till the wee hours having adult conversations yesterday! It is so wonderful to talk about faith, politics, life etc. and not with a one year old. What a blessing!! Kurt's family will be arriving from Michigan on Saturday. And my family will also be down by Sunday! What a gift!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ah, I was catching up on your blog and read about me:) Miss you - can't wait until August!

By the way, Sacraments and Scripture sounds like a great idea. Also, in Totus Tuus, we taught about the connections of the Sacraments to the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary. Maybe that would be one way to look at them?

Love ya,
Paula