
Like all good ideas this one was stolen from another blog I read on occasion. I'm just another follower in this case.
1. Pooh
I have been meaning to dedicate an entire post to the Pooh Car my brother John gave Kate for this past Christmas. It plays loud music, has flashing lights and rolls, pretty much every kids dream toy. I have all the songs and saying memorized if that tells you anything about its daily use in our home.
This time of year in WI is garage sale season. I helped with our local La Leche League chapter garage sale last week and this week hit the Cuba City citywide sales. Clothes for Katie, a potty seat, a wagon and maternity clothes are highlighted purchases thus far this season. I've got to get some more quarters to spend!
3. Master in the house
Yes, my love has finally finished his Masters Degree in Business Engineering! This week he finished up his final final and paper for his last course at University of Wisconsin Platteville. Of course its not technically official but if he were to walk in the ceremony it would have been this weekend. Only time will tell if more schooling (other than that of kids) is in the Snyder family's future- two Masters in the house is enough for the moment. Congratulations Kurt, I am so proud of you!
4. Mother's Day
I know it was last weekend but I haven't posted since then. I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Kurt took me out to dinner, coffee and to look at washing machines. It was a treat to be treated so well! When we returned from our date, Katie, who was left with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law was more interested in playing with her cousin "Lau" (Laura) than her parents. It was a good feeling to know that she's so well adjusted and behaved without Mom and Dad around. We were able to spend time with Kurt's Mom Sunday and are looking forward to vacationing with my Mom (and family) near the end of this month. We are so grateful for all the wonderful mothers in our lives!
5. Our Pets
If you know me at all, I am not a pet person. So, no, we don't really have a pet bird but yet, we do. There is a bird that has been a fixture on our window sill daily for the past month! Frankly, I'm ready to get out the BB gun at this point. He is there from 5:30 a.m. to at least 8 p.m. tapping, flapping and calling at the glass. Tap, tap, tap....
I also snapped a picture of this pet in our backyard here in town. I might just get the big buck around here this November!
6. Good Mail
This week was a good mail week. Even with the postal hike I still look forward to getting good mail. You know the kind that is more than just bills? We received a few thank you notes, a birthday party invitation, a mother's day card, pictures of a niece and nephew, a note from a fellow mom and get this, spatulas (in John Deere colors and no I didn't order them for myself)!
7. She's Walking!!
Yes, you read that right. Katie started walking on her own today and she's yet to look back. I am amazed at how quickly she's become confident. This morning at our monthly La Leche League meeting she walked to our friend Rachael, just like that and well, the rest will be history. Certainly, I've been warned that running comes next!
2 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! for walking!!! You will have so much fun, Angie. I LOVE it now that Gemma is walking. She follows me around the house when we do chores, she can follow simple instructions (go get your shoes), it is totally awesome. Have FUN!!!! And he have acquired two pets recently. Just yesterday I noticed them in fact. Two barn-swallows have decided they like to perch on some of the little hooks and ledges on the inside of our front porch. They really are very sweet, and Gemma loves watching them. However I am not too thrilled about leaving our house from the front door now... I like birds but, well... I took a pic last night and intended to blog about it, I'll have to get on that. Enjoyed the "snapshot" of your week. Take care and here's to a fun weekend.
What a great post - loved all the little bits!
Post a Comment