Monday, May 4, 2009

Senses of Spring!

This shot is my sister-in-law Katrina's entry in a local photo contest themed Senses of Spring. First and foremost she needs your vote to win the contest. Voting doesn't require you to enter any personal information and you can vote daily from now until Thursday here. Just scroll down and lock in your vote for #7.

We have a family history of making maple syrup each spring and this shot is of my niece tasting the sap as it comes from the tap. Did you know it takes 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of maple syrup? And this year was a record year for Sap-on-Tap making 200 + gallons of syrup! Of course, I can't take much credit this season since I didn't carry a lick of sap. But if you're interested in a quart I do sell it by request.

Don't forget to vote now and vote again...tomorrow, and Wednesday and Thursday!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a great shot - and it looks like Katrina's gonna take this contest by leaps and bounds!!

Angie said...

That would be wonderful! Though, I posted this note on fb, too and Fr. Derek voted for someone else "accidentally". ;-)

love2learnmom said...

Very cute! I voted too (and it looks like #7 is winning by a longshot).

Angie said...

Thanks for voting!