Yes, here we are living the good life...how good it it is!

This weekend we took a road trip across the state of Iowa to the little known state of Nebraska (who's motto by the way is "Living the Good Life" at least that's what they've got on their welcome signs). We were invited to visit our friends the Caseys. Fran and I knew each other from school back in Medford. And we reconnected Providentially in Stevens Point. By then she and Jon were a couple. She was part of our wedding...the wedding party's environmentalist. The Caseys and their three kiddos are now living in Nebraska City, NE.
Nebraska City is a small town with lots to offer. Its the home of Arbor Day founder J. Sterling Morton. Morton has definitely left a legacy in trees.

While we were in town we were able to visit
Tree Adventure part of Arbor Day Farm. We took a hike and got to see, smell and hear the forest in action. The kids enjoyed playing in a nature exploration area. Kate really liked the xylophone made of wood. I have a half dozen pictures of her playing on it and she cried when we pulled her away. This was definitely a great place to visit and enjoy the outdoors, too.






The boys tackled a home improvement project that afternoon and their clothes showed the dirt at the end of the day. In the mean time the kiddos napped and Fran and I enjoyed chatting, walking and were able to get away for First Saturday Mass and coffee at the local shop, too. Saturday night we had dinner at the
Lied Lodge. It was an adventure, though the parent to kid ratio was one on one at times you would have never guessed it...the kids were winning and loud. But I know I still had a good time.

Part of the fun of visiting at this time is the newest addition to the family. This little lady is only a little over a month old. What a dolly, huh?
Sunday after Mass we took our coffee and donuts on the road to
Waubonsie State Park. This final stop had Angie written all over it. In a former life (BC = Before Child) I would have had a hay day exploring this area. The
Loess Hills are a geologic phenomenon that you don't get to see every day. Ok, I admit, I did wish we had a three day weekend so we could see more of the park and maybe hit the Omaha Zoo on the way home. But that will have to wait for our next visit.
Thanks for the great weekend Caseys- you are living the good life, we were glad to be a part of it!
1 comment:
Did Fran have another "don't bug me" bumper sticker for you? ;)
Post a Comment