So, I'm sure I won't be the last to try this but a few friends have been doing some online journaling and I thought I might give it a go. I've never been much for journaling but sometimes it would appear especially as things continue to be busy around here that it may be the way to get a blog post out and still keep family and friends updated. We shall see...
October 30, 2012
Outside my window: Well, its chilly! Fall in WI is definitely here to stay. I'm grateful for the sun and the clear blue sky especially after all the Sandy Storm news from out east. Guess, I'm also happy enough to be land locked.
Clothing myself in: maternity jeans, black long sleeve cotton top and gray and black scarf tied in a Celtic knot.
Around the house: Well, the girls are in the midst of playing house and they aren't the tidiest players. So the living room even though I've picked up things numerous times in there is cluttered, again and so is the kitchen table, the counter tops and the sink. I've got to empty the dishwasher before Kurt gets home. That should help somewhat...at least in the kitchen.
The baby: I know, everyone is interested but the baby has definitely dropped and I have to go to the bathroom constantly it seems. And this kid is certainly the most active child thus far. Maybe it will have some sort of kicking in its future? Yikes. I actually got on the computer to print out an updated copy of our birth plan to bring to the clinic next week...yeah, I got side tracked.
The girls: Have been playing really well together A LOT lately. Mostly it is imagination play... they and their babies take on countless names identities and adventures. Sometimes including, train trips to Grammazona (Julia's version of Arizona), bands, fire departments, dance parties, school...with names like Hannin, Mike, Kale, Totty, Lily, Ike and Nina. They totally crack me up...of course, my identity changes, too, usually I'm Gramma though. Which gets confusing when they call for Mom and I'm not the Mom they want, oops!
This week is 'G week' for us...we've been talking goats and had grilled 'G'eese sandwiches for supper last night. It is also green week at the library story hour which coincides nicely!
In the kitchen: We've continued to process tomatoes (7 pints this weekend) and apples (still waiting in the canning kitchen...there may be a few fruit flies enjoying my procrastination) from our harvest. I was pleasantly surprised with the quantity and quality of our late tomatoes this year. Kurt, Dad and I picked a huge tote full for green ones before our first frost and nearly all of them in the past month have now turned a beautiful red. I made some homemade tomato soup yesterday that was in my opinion delish! Though it gave me terrible heartburn...
Bringing me joy: I've not had nearly the back pain this pregnancy as the last! My Kurt is so sweet and patient with me these days. What blessing! Also, the girls are so excited for Halloween- Katie, Captain Hook/pirate and Julia, Tinkerbell and the All Saints party we're hosting at our home on Thursday- Katie, St. George and Julia, St. Bernadette. I'm handing out treats and wondering if there are any very pregnant saints I could be on Thursday without much effort...hmmm, two years ago my friend and I went as Elizabeth and Mary and acted out the Magnificat...I thought about the woman in Revelation *including wailing and moaning aloud! But the costume is tricky for that one. Ideas?
Thinking about: The election and upcoming birth of this baby...
Picture to share: Felt like this was out life here for awhile...just fruity! Isn't this a pretty piece to have in the kitchen though?

Ok, best print out that birth plan and order a car seat online! Tata!
October 30, 2012
Outside my window: Well, its chilly! Fall in WI is definitely here to stay. I'm grateful for the sun and the clear blue sky especially after all the Sandy Storm news from out east. Guess, I'm also happy enough to be land locked.
Clothing myself in: maternity jeans, black long sleeve cotton top and gray and black scarf tied in a Celtic knot.
Around the house: Well, the girls are in the midst of playing house and they aren't the tidiest players. So the living room even though I've picked up things numerous times in there is cluttered, again and so is the kitchen table, the counter tops and the sink. I've got to empty the dishwasher before Kurt gets home. That should help somewhat...at least in the kitchen.
The baby: I know, everyone is interested but the baby has definitely dropped and I have to go to the bathroom constantly it seems. And this kid is certainly the most active child thus far. Maybe it will have some sort of kicking in its future? Yikes. I actually got on the computer to print out an updated copy of our birth plan to bring to the clinic next week...yeah, I got side tracked.
The girls: Have been playing really well together A LOT lately. Mostly it is imagination play... they and their babies take on countless names identities and adventures. Sometimes including, train trips to Grammazona (Julia's version of Arizona), bands, fire departments, dance parties, school...with names like Hannin, Mike, Kale, Totty, Lily, Ike and Nina. They totally crack me up...of course, my identity changes, too, usually I'm Gramma though. Which gets confusing when they call for Mom and I'm not the Mom they want, oops!
This week is 'G week' for us...we've been talking goats and had grilled 'G'eese sandwiches for supper last night. It is also green week at the library story hour which coincides nicely!
In the kitchen: We've continued to process tomatoes (7 pints this weekend) and apples (still waiting in the canning kitchen...there may be a few fruit flies enjoying my procrastination) from our harvest. I was pleasantly surprised with the quantity and quality of our late tomatoes this year. Kurt, Dad and I picked a huge tote full for green ones before our first frost and nearly all of them in the past month have now turned a beautiful red. I made some homemade tomato soup yesterday that was in my opinion delish! Though it gave me terrible heartburn...
Bringing me joy: I've not had nearly the back pain this pregnancy as the last! My Kurt is so sweet and patient with me these days. What blessing! Also, the girls are so excited for Halloween- Katie, Captain Hook/pirate and Julia, Tinkerbell and the All Saints party we're hosting at our home on Thursday- Katie, St. George and Julia, St. Bernadette. I'm handing out treats and wondering if there are any very pregnant saints I could be on Thursday without much effort...hmmm, two years ago my friend and I went as Elizabeth and Mary and acted out the Magnificat...I thought about the woman in Revelation *including wailing and moaning aloud! But the costume is tricky for that one. Ideas?
Thinking about: The election and upcoming birth of this baby...
Picture to share: Felt like this was out life here for awhile...just fruity! Isn't this a pretty piece to have in the kitchen though?
Ok, best print out that birth plan and order a car seat online! Tata!
3 comments:
Miss you & thinking about you a lot! Sometime when I visit, maybe you can teach me how to can!!
Love your musings & miss you a lot! Maybe you can show me how to can when I visit next. :)
My George was very forceful in the womb. Good luck with that, lol ;)
Glad you were able to process more tomatoes!
Post a Comment