We've been blessed for the past year now to be able to be a part of a small co-op that gathers twice monthly for Gym and Art at a local community center. The previous video was from gym filmed on my phone. I also took a few pictures of our art projects from two weeks ago (we met again today).

The younger set (6 and under) was working on the element of color, particularly color identification and mixing. We read the book Mouse Paint and did some painting of our own. Today this group worked on color matching and mixing colors using dye and paper towel. I'll have to take a picture of them if I think of it as they turned out great!

The older set has also been working on the element of color. They were focusing on warm and cool colors on the color wheel. These are the first steps in a two week project to create paintings like Stuart Davis. They finished these works today.
Yes, if you haven't guessed, it's the "art teacher" typing this post. I've had tons of help though-- the other moms are a wonderful group. I have also been enjoying this art blog. My dear friend Tina, the art teacher helped me to come up with a plan that has really worked well, thus far, working through the Elements of Art. And the work that the kids have produced and the fun they've had has been awesome. Hopefully I can feature a few more things here as we continue to enjoy "Gym and Art".
The younger set (6 and under) was working on the element of color, particularly color identification and mixing. We read the book Mouse Paint and did some painting of our own. Today this group worked on color matching and mixing colors using dye and paper towel. I'll have to take a picture of them if I think of it as they turned out great!
The older set has also been working on the element of color. They were focusing on warm and cool colors on the color wheel. These are the first steps in a two week project to create paintings like Stuart Davis. They finished these works today.
Yes, if you haven't guessed, it's the "art teacher" typing this post. I've had tons of help though-- the other moms are a wonderful group. I have also been enjoying this art blog. My dear friend Tina, the art teacher helped me to come up with a plan that has really worked well, thus far, working through the Elements of Art. And the work that the kids have produced and the fun they've had has been awesome. Hopefully I can feature a few more things here as we continue to enjoy "Gym and Art".
1 comment:
Aw man, my kids want to come to "Gym and Art". That sounds SO awesome!!
Do you have a link for the book your using as a guide?
Mouse Paint is a great book, we've enjoyed it here on more than one occasion.
Post a Comment