Here is a picture of the garden from one end to the other. You can vaguely see people at the far end, past the rototiller and the stroller.
Of course, Daddy has been doing most of the work but the girls and I came out to help both days and actually accomplished more than I expected. Kate is great at the farm. She's for the most part self entertained. Tromping here and there to see the cows, kittens, and back to the garden to see the ever fascinating worms.Julia and I however are not 'farm girls' at least not yet. I know we had a garden growing up and I remember Mom taking us there so she could weed and work in it. But I didn't gleen a green thumb from the experience. Even my house plants beg for water or death. And Julia, well, she's just a babe.
However, as I mentioned we were pleasantly surprised. Saturday, I brought Julia out in her stroller with bug netting and snacks and she lasted well over an HOUR! So, I did get some practice weeding. See the picture above for proof. Then this morning we drove out again and Julia slept in the car the whole time.
But it was way more fun having the whole family outside and working together. Oh and the fruits (or vegetables?) they're coming up. The spinach has been delicious this past week and soon enough the late growers will follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment