Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow...

HAIR TODAY
I wonder if Julia is going to have curly or if this current curl is just a baby trend.  Whatever the outcome it sure is growing in curly and cute.  Here are some recent attempts to photograph our girl with a curl. The third one down is my favorite.  She just wanted the camera in the worst way.






GONE TOMORROW
So, I decided Kate's hair was getting too long.  And since my mom (her usual stylist) was out of the country I thought it would be a good idea to try cutting it myself.

Here's the outcome.
It was a slight nightmare at first as I searched bobs online and found this mention of putting hair into a pony and "presto"  After the fact, I have found out this is how I should have done it-- How to cut a bob with a ponytail.Instead, I combed it into a pony in the middle of her head and did the damage.  It looked like a really bad mullet at first but with Kurt's guidance and a lollipop for Kate we managed to "straighten" things out. I think I took at least 3-4 inches off in places.  All in all I am fairly pleased with the end result and she's not sweating nearly as much.

One funny note- about this same time Kate purchased (with her quarter) a Brewers cap at a garage sale.  She's been wearing it out quite a lot. :-)

No comments: