Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thought-provoking Thursday- 18 Wheeler


Maybe I'm a little strange or perhaps it was my bizarre childhood. But I've always thought it would be fun to go on a "semi- vacation." I'm talking about vacationing in one of those trucks that travel the highways and byways of the States. You know, like a trucker, they have those little 'homes' in the rear (and though I've never seen one on the inside) you could vacate out of them and just see the country. Become a pseudo-trucker-- you'd have to of course go by your CB handle (as a child mine was Bambi ;-)) and talk their language, that's a big 10-4 and honk at all the children pumping their arms in the mini-vans below (Do children do things like that these days? I know we did).

So it may not be a cruise in the Caribbean but then again, I always wished I was Amish as a kid, too!

1 comment:

Monica said...

This makes me smile. I have actually been in one of those, my uncle is a trucker. It's, um, close quarters for sure. And heavens, we used to "honk" the trucks by pumping our arms and just thought we were the bees-knees!