Friday, October 1, 2010

A Change of Seasons...a Season for Change

Lots has been happening in our home that keeps me from the computer and specifically from email and blogging. That isn't all bad just a change, one of many taking place as we transition from Summer to Fall.

The girls continue to grow! I am amazed even in a matter of a week Julia seems to take on a completely different look. She's turned 4 mos. now and will have an appointment next week so I'll try and post the stats. She's rolled, back to belly a few times but is typically content to lay on her back. She is getting stronger and with that more control of her body. She enjoys sitting facing out and being wherever the action is (she is laying at my feet as I type).

Here she sits in her Bumbo. I think when she sits she looks so grown up! Yikes time is flying. I found some pics of Katie at the same age. You can definately tell that they're sisters. The next two are Kate, crazy huh? Julia fits in these jammies now and seems to have a similar look. I'll have to see if I can take a few more 'double shots' to show you all some time.

Work has started up again for me in full force. This is by far my busiest time. In the past month I have got our Religious Ed. program going for the year we've got three weeks down now. I found enough teachers this year that I don't have to teach but can just coordinate and assist teachers- hopefully leaving some time for me to improve the program. Planned a Confirmation Retreat for our seniors getting confirmed this weekend and hosted a well attended Parents Night on the Archangels (this past Wednesday was their feast) for our grade school families which was well attended.

My dear husband has been busy, too. Swamped at work these past weeks we have been missing time with him. But the new project is coming to an end (I think) and they have reached production deadlines with a day to spare so hopefully the nights of just Kate and I for dinner (see above- and here for a great recipe) are going to be fewer and fewer.

Because of Kurt's work the girls and I took a trip north for nearly a week. Leaving last Thursday and returning on Tuesday of this week. We really enjoyed time with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt, Uncles and cousins. We got to catch up with old friends and extended family, too.


There was fun had by all as seen above with these shots of the Boxcar Children.

Kate is also growing and changing, too. She's getting into crafts as seen here with a project Aunty Trina put together for the girls making fall trees for the change of seasons.

My personal jury is still out when it comes for plans for school (seems so early to think about it!) but, she attended school screening at a local public school and is according to them developmentally a-ok. The only things of note were that she's left handed (like her mom) and that I hadn't 'exposed' her to scissors. Both of which I knew before they pointed them out. I don't know about you but a 2 1/2 year old with scissors with plenty of hair on her head and that of her little sisters scares me. Especially since we do hair cuts with Grandma frequently and my mom warned me of her interest and advised to put the scissors up. Well, she's been exposed now. ;-) And she calls the scissors her 'clippers', I think my worries are founded!

On a final note as my time is once again limited my dear husband's arrival and both girls waking up- the Kieler Parade is this weekend, you're all invited to come!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Great update! Julia sure has the Harris cheeks - but what a sweet eyes and drop of a nose! Hopefully she and Katie will still have all their hair the next time we see you all! :)

Greenberg said...

they do look so alike! very cute.

Monica said...

I agree about the scissors, Gemma has never used them at all. Ever. Gemma went to one of those screenings at 15 months and I wasn't too impressed. Part of it was Gemma was just very tentative so she didn't participate very much. Then the lady told me Gemma should be beginning to dress herself (at 15 months) YEAH RIGHT!! At any rate, I don't know that we'll do one of those again, but so happy Kate did well with it!! Gemma may enjoy something like that more now (and she can dress herself :-D), but we'll see!