Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Moms' Night Out

Well we did it! I get together every week at least once with these ladies- they are AWESOME and such a gift from God. As fellow moms, faithful wives, believers and friends we always enjoy each others company but sometimes with kids in tow we don't always enjoy the conversations we'd like to have. But yesterday evening between the four of us we left 11 kiddos at home with their daddies and enjoyed an night just us moms. It was WONDERFUL! As one of us said, "Its nice to know I'm still a person unto myself- I used to do fun things, drink coffee, hold conversations and not attend to anyone else." How true, and though, this is our time for mothering (and we have been striving to treasure each moment) it is still a beautiful gift to revel in a moment of our own. We smiled and laughed so much our faces hurt. Thanks dads!

1 comment:

Monica said...

This was our topic at our Catholic Motherhood group the other night. It's a balance for sure. Glad you had a wonderful evening.