Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Living the Good Life, Again.

Just two weekends ago now we headed to Nebraska to visit the Caseys (click here to see our last visit) and help them with some major home remodeling. It was a wonderful visit and the girls were really great travelers. We left Kieler Thursday night and I drove the late leg in our 6 hour journey while the rest of the fam slept. Friday morning we enjoyed Sticky Buns and Fran and I took the kids to first Friday Mass a block from their current home. We also hit the church garage sale after Mass for some deals. Fran is a former barista and I must say our whole trip I was never wanting for a good cup of coffee or an icy mocha!

Kurt and Jon headed out to the new house Friday afternoon to work on various projects (electrical and framing walls mainly). The mom's and kids 'napped' as well as we could with 5 kids in one house. That evening we took pizza out to the boys. And after dark enjoyed watching America's Test Kitchen off Kurt's laptop and chit chatting.

Saturday, we went to first Saturday Mass and then went to Kimmel Orchard. Enjoyed a free tractor/wagon ride out in the orchard, wine tasting and lots of other tasty goodies.

Max, Kate and Gabe waiting for the tractor to return.


Max and Gabe riding through the orchard.

Lilia just being cute!
Kurt with all the kids!
The crew (minus Jon) on the wagon ride.

After the orchard, Fran and I got to go for a walk and thrift shop while the kids napped with the guys at home. It was great to catch up though the Nebraska heat was turned up. After that we were too tired for much of anything exciting. I did get a chance to look at the school curriculum that she's planning to use this fall. The kids played in the pool and ate popsicles. The guys once again worked at the house for the remainder of the day light hours. And surprisingly we turned in early.

Sunday we went to Mass and then had a wonderful brunch and great visit with all of us around the table. It was a really fitting end to our time in Nebraska. Thanks Caseys for having us!

No comments: