Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Snapping Beans

We've already processed most of the beans for the year. Washing, snapping, blanching and freezing them. We've got enough to have 1-2 bags a week with meals. Kate has been taking it all in and helping on occasion with the work.

The other morning, I was preparing for company in the girls room and basement. Julia was sleeping in the swing and Kate playing on her own. Katie came in and said to me, "Mom, I snapping beans!" Imagine my thrill in thinking, my little one is really getting good at using that imagination! "Good!" I replied. About 10 minutes later I took a load of clothes to the laundry room and on the way back checked on Kate. She once again proclaimed, "Mom, I snapping beans!" This is what I saw.



She didn't miss a "bean". They were pretty much all snapped. And organized in containers to be 'processed' I guess. I am still laughing at the sight.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Oh this just makes me SMILE!!!! Sooo creative. LOVE it!!!!!!!

Julie said...

How fantastic! What a hoot!