Thursday, December 4, 2008

Of Babes, Bible Studies and Bonding

Since becoming a mom my life is now viewed through a different lens. Nothing seems untouched by this new perspective least of all my spiritual life.

Recently, I joined the 'church ladies' from our parish in a Bible study and prayer group. It has been rejuvenating for me to stretch those theology legs again after a brief reprieve. It has struck me though that my understanding of Scripture, the Mass and other parts of the faith may not have changed but I HAVE. And now, when reading from God's Word know a bit more of that LOVE that the Father has for His children. And the ache He must have at their disobedience for His is the love of a parent who only desires the best for His children. Not only that but I look at that little nursing babe in our life and the words "this is my body given up for you" take on a personal ring. I am able to unite my work, my sacrifices, my life with Christ in the Mass and offer it to God. [Certainly this is the ideal I strive for though not alway attainable when Kate decides to fill her diaper, onesie, pants and socks during this middle of the Mass. This has become some what of a daily Mass trend. On the bright side, she's regular!] Not to mention the infancy narratives we will be meditating on this Advent and Christmas. These insights have not only brought me closer to our Lord but to our little one as well. I hope and pray she one day will be able to see the beauty of the Scripture and the Mass and know Christ so intimately!

2 comments:

dawnkristine said...

Thank you for checking out my blog and your thrift in bulk...love it! Where is Kieler? I am in Stevens Point.

Julie said...

beautiful, ang.