Saturday, December 6, 2008

Let it snow...as long as we can catch our plane.

While the weather may try to foil our plans with the current forecast of snow and freezing rain I still have hope that our flight will take off early tomorrow morning...and if delayed well then later tomorrow, God willing!

We will be traveling to Mesa, Arizona for a week of relaxation. I will have access to computers, camera and internet but I am not making any promises that I'll post in the coming week. I want to revel in time with family and spend some days delightfully out of the cold.

My parents' gift to us this Christmas was a trip south to stay at Monte Vista Resort. My Grandpa and Grandma Harris were snowbirds and had a trailer there that our family has kept. It is a nice spot to get away. So the whole Harris crew will be in tow (that's now 7 adults and three kids) and spend a week together in one little trailer. Along with that part of the adventure, this trip includes some hiking plans (Superstition Pass), taking in a Vikings loss in Phoenix , a matinée of Twilight [for the ladies, while the guys have the kids] and sometime around the pool. Stay tuned for more on our first FAMILY vacation.

And stay warm Wisconsinites! ;-)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Goodness, I hope your travels go well and that you can get out of this snowy state! Enjoy the warmth - if not from Arizona's climate, from all the bodies packed into the trailer!

Angie said...

You know it! John is talking about sleeping in the laundry room/ storage shed! I am looking forward to the experience, even if its just for the laughs!!