Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Salsa!



Today was the perfect day for canning salsa-- chilly! And so I sallied forth to can my second batch of the season. It was 4 pints, not too bad for a novice gardener with no sense of how many tomatoes make 6 pounds. We tasted my first batch of '08 this weekend and I must admit it wasn't too shabby. I hadn't canned without Gramma before this and now after today, am feeling quite confident. I think I might try spaghetti sauce before the season is out. I have a few more fruits of the vine to use up. And neither Kurt nor I like tomatoes raw.

Katie is excited, too. I brought up the exer-saucer from the depths of the basement for her and cleaned it up today. It is her new favorite toy with the taggy blanket falling to second place.


I was thanking God for the invention of the taggy blanket as we drove to Stevens Point and back over the long weekend. Kate was such a good traveler! We threw a bridal shower for our friend Natalie on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend at the Cibarics. The only thing missing was Kurt. He headed to Michigan to visit his family. It was a good trip but too long for a baby in a car.

Well the salsa calls and so does supper as Kurt will be home soon.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Mmm... I'll trade you a jar of Plum Apple Butter for a jar of Salsa!! Heck - I'll part with two of mine for one of yours! :) Great job!