As we continue to recoup from a Labor Day weekend away I've been reflecting in graditude at the hospitality of our friends. There have been numerous times in my years that I have been on the receiving end of fantastic hospitality, welcoming friends, family and strangers for that matter. The same has been true of our time here in Kieler. Being from a small town myself (Medford, WI)
I know that often local names and cliques are common place. However here, Kurt and I have been welcomed beyond what I could have imagined. God is so good to us! At Katie's birth we received cards of congrats from people we hardly knew!! And our church family was truly a family to us in many ways. It is my hope that I can extend the same hospitality to those who come to my door. I'd like to claim the spirit of St. Francis as my model...I'm not very Franciscan otherwise but in hospitality we are definatley kindred spirits.
I know that often local names and cliques are common place. However here, Kurt and I have been welcomed beyond what I could have imagined. God is so good to us! At Katie's birth we received cards of congrats from people we hardly knew!! And our church family was truly a family to us in many ways. It is my hope that I can extend the same hospitality to those who come to my door. I'd like to claim the spirit of St. Francis as my model...I'm not very Franciscan otherwise but in hospitality we are definatley kindred spirits. Today I also received the first in what I hope will be many notes from our friend Fr. Derek Sakowski. He is my former co-worker and partner in crime at Pacelli H.S. and the priest that witnessed our wedding vows. Father is studying Ecclessiology in Rome for the Diocese of LaCrosse. His letter was a welcomed treat for Kurt and I as we sat down at the computer this evening together to hear the latest and check out the pictures. Sounds like a awesome opportunity Fr. Derek has to grow in faith and knowledge. He's in walking distance to just about all the great sites of the ancient city. Check out some of the places in walking distance from his new home...

No comments:
Post a Comment