Around the house: We're gearing up for some spring cleaning all to be completed before Triduum. Wish the bug had bit sooner in Lent. It has been needing to be done. And now I've got some motivation as Easter and Kate's birthday approach. It will be nice to have done for hosting company!
The baby: He's the sweetest thing. Pretty much growing cuter by the day and so interactive! I need to take more pictures of him. He just woke up so we'll see if I can get this finished in one sitting!
The kiddos: The girls have been really into crafting lately. Mostly coloring and cutting, pasting if I'll let them, play-doh, markers, stickers and so on. Kate has been going through this "I don't like any food you feed me" phase. I hope it's a phase! Ugh! And she's been whiny! I could do without the baby talk. On the plus, she's all about turning 5 and all the rights and responsibilities that come with it! Can you believe she'll be 5 soon? I can't. Julia still is struggling to master #2 on the toilet. Ugh, those diapers are the worst. I've been trying not to obsess over or over think it. She is nearing the whiny threes and has picked up a few 'lessons' from her big sister, much to my chagrin. Oh, and I must mention the singing! Everything can be a song or spoken in "Mother Goose" tongue. Kurt is VERY amused and eventually annoyed by this. She gets it from me. Bedtimes are improving all around.
Bringing me joy: Getting rid of stuff. This is difficult for me. As is organizing. But when I buckle down and do it I find it so satisfying. Now if only it wouldn't be such a messy process and my kids wouldn't interrupt the action. Hehe! Some days and weekends filling up in the future- a concert for Katie's birthday gift, family visiting to celebrate, a Brewers game and weekend in Milwaukee, a trip to Green Bay, a family reunion, swimming lessons, the 4th of July etc. I know, summer seems far off but I'm still excited.
Thinking about: The disaster that was me at Mass this weekend and how I can prevent that from happening again. How the roots of the word Eucharist - Thanksgiving - and the root of the word thank - think. So when I think of something...I am in a sense thankful for something. And how do I pray with that in mind. Holy Week and what's got to get done.
Reading: Just finished Son, the last book in The Giver quartet. Got a few others I'm looking forward to from the library...we'll see.
Pictures to share: These are from last year at this time. The chicks come soon! Happy Easter! We're looking forward to their arrival. On another note-- Interested in chicken? Place your orders now!
Katie said that when she turns 5 she might hold one! |
1 comment:
I enjoy your journaling so. You know, if age (down to the month, since they're only 3 months apart) has anything to do with it, Gemma was very difficult leading up to turning five, and while things certainly aren't always amazing now, and we definitely have our battles, I've seen lots of improvements as well in the past 4-6 months. Now if kolbe would just get past the fingers in nose and mouth gig... Ugh.
Crafting is a fave around here as well. Some days I think they wouldn't even notice if I threw all the toys away...
Blessed Easter, hope your Holy Week has been fruitful and beautiful.
Post a Comment