Outside my window: foggy, chilly and wet...though I do notice more daylight hanging on in the afternoons since we've passed solstice.
Around the house: things are in need of some cleaning. After the bustle of the holidays passed cleaning was the last thing on my list. Now, the kitchen floor is hollering for a good wash and the bathrooms would like a scrubbing, especially the toilet. Julia is not the neatest potty trainer. Makes me cringe to think about Erik giving it a go! We've also started cloth diapering again. So the laundry is once more on schedule...guess that's good.
The baby: is sleeping on my chest as I type this in the Ergo- that both of us love. He continues on schedule of eat, sleep, poop and is quite content most days unless he has a bubble from one end or the other. And a content baby means BIG smiles and gooing come our way quite a bit!
The kiddos: have been at eachother the past few days. And that leaves me at them...leaving none of us very happy about things. They have come to new levels of arguing and I am trying not to play referee but things continue to come back to me. Ugh. I feel like I need to renegociate my contract. :)
Katie enjoys bringing Julia to tears and tantrum and Julia enjoys rubbing Katie the wrong way and so the endless cycle. Currently, Julia is in tears again as Kate has hidden her doll..."Katie make me mad!" While Katie is harping, "Go check behind the couch...it's not scary." Argh!
In the kitchen: We enjoyed a Herb Roast Chicken yesterday. If you're a fan of easy whole chicken recipes I highly recommend this one! Kurt also dazzled us with Brie en Croute that he used to make with Ken and Pat at the Wisconsin House many moons ago. Delicious! We also had a friend gift us a freezer casserole that I used this week Wednesday. A nightmare ensued with Katie 'no casserole'. That is one thing I don't like about being the one to chose the menu...you can't please all tastes all the time. We'll see what the weekend holds. I think Gooch's Pizza Saturday as we don't get FOX and want to watch the Packers in the playoffs at least for a bit.
Bringing me joy: My mommy friends who keep it real. We got together yesterday for an Epiphany party. They are the best! Baby smiles and snuggles. A new author, Kate Morton, who's books I've been enjoying. I got to read The Forgotten Garden over the holidays and loved it and all the fairy tale, Secret Garden references. Now I am in the middle of reading The Distant Hours.
Thinking about: balancing time with my spouse and children...sharing love. Struggling to work on the plank in my own eye before seeing something in some else's. Staying healthy and away from the flu without going into hibernation which just the thought of makes me crazy. My extended family up north, I miss them. Our Christmas was canceled due to flu.
Picture to share: Well, I can't seeme to get Blogger to upload right now so it looks like we're pictureless. But if you're on Facebook check out the video I posted this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment