Well, you may or may not have noticed a brief hiatus. There are many reasons-
One is that ever elusive balance of a life as a stay at home mom and homemaker.
Two is that I haven't hardly been able to make it though a day without a nap this pregnancy. So when the girls go down I've been going down and then have to manage, supper, laundry, tidying and cleaning while they are awake which seems to perpetuate a cycle as I am more tired in the evenings...do you get the picture?
Three could be that there just has been a plethora of other things to do and keep busy with around here. It is our first summer here and I must say I have tried to enjoy every minute of it. Each day seems to bring a new discovery (most of which have been out doors).
Regardless, you're due for an update from our life on the Mississippi....
 |
| The garden is in full bloom. And with Kurt's encouragement and perseverance on both our part is it the best looking garden we've had yet! Weeds be gone! |
 |
| The Trumpeting Vines are announcing the beginning of June! |
 |
| Everything in the landscaping has got at least a year to prove/show itself. These massive trellises of Trumpeting Vines were a big question mark but they look BEAUTIFUL full of flowers. |
 |
| Our orchard was spared frost this season and the apples, pears and plums are coming in like CrAzY! With the mild winter and early spring here we'll be harvesting before we know it! |
 |
| Parties interested in helping with the harvest will be paid in fruit! |
 |
| And in the fruits of the fruit...this is the beginnings of something old |
 |
| Being made 'new' |
 |
| Kurt purchased this cider press for his birthday while we were in MI and is in the process of restoring the basket and a few other pieces. We were in awe of the size and are excited to see it evolve. |
The idea is something like
this but more on the antique scale. I'll try to have a few more updating posts...I've had some painting done. We've been to the zoo, MI, MN and celebrated two birthdays and an anniversary since I've last posted!
1 comment:
Wow, beautiful!!
Post a Comment