1. Julia has been reaching new heights literally! She has figured out there are certain things she can manipulate to get her to where she wants to be. Oftentimes this chair will be moved to the kitchen counter where she will assist me in cooking and mess making. She is also experimenting with dumping her cup of milk on the floor, writing (usually not on paper), ripping books and pulling her sister's hair.
2. Its not all 'bad' so to speak. Julia is REALLY FUN to be around. She's learning in leaps and bounds. And has mastered some of her animal sounds so well I wish I could record them here for you, a-dorable! Her favorite words/sounds include cock-a-doodle-doo!, apple, acorn, egg, thank you, please, bye-bye, book, bath, star, Nicholas (a character from one of her favorite books), night-night! She's smart, hilarious and cute and you can't help but love her to bits- I should know.
3. We're wrapping up G week on the Alphabet Path. Kate really enjoyed the Glitter Glue project and you can see in the background of this first picture the Garden we planted. I had my doubts as to whether or not this would be a fruitful endeavor (pun intended). However....
4. Today at lunch Katie spotted some growth from the grass seed and as we looked further a couple of our beans had sprouted, too. She was needless to say thrilled with this news. Evidently she has more of a green thumb than her mother. (In case you were curious, Marla and Jason, the gifted plant is still living however, perhaps a new house record...if it makes the winter then...WOW.)
5. Also on the agenda to wrap up G week we're doing a November family literacy project in hopes to post it at Work Play Read. Can you smell the Gingerbread? Can't wait for Daddy to get home to let the fun begin. The post is coming SOON!
6. Hand Foot and Mouth Disease (HFM) has been part of our week in review and will be keeping us cooped up for the most part till late next week as it is contagious especially to other little ones. Julia developed the sores in her mouth today but has still managed to eat a few of her favorite things. Hopefully it won't get much worse for her. The plus side is she's been getting better sleep (she'd been so restless with teething I think) and that's good for me, too! Kate has the sores on hands and feet but has yet to develop them orally that we've noticed. She is however enjoying the special treatment when it comes to eating. A friend made some recommendations as her son recently had HFM and we swiftly took action.
Sucking on ice cubes, Popsicles (homemade), gogurt, hummus, soups and other smooth foods have made the menu. Though she hasn't complained much my dear Julia is really covered in rash. This picture is just a small peek. Poor thing.
7. One of the things I've yet to try on our new laptop is video chatting. Though, I did manage to take this picture of the three of us one day. Maybe next I'll take a video. Kind of inconvenient for catching some moments but it might work. ;-) Anyone Skype or the like?
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:
Oh man- Logan is climbing like crazy too. I keep finding him IN the sink, like the kitchen sink. Nothing is safe any more.
Sorry to hear about the HFM- belch! Hope everyone feels better soon.
Family Literacy will be coming to WPR on Monday, don't worry :) You are ahead of me as I haven't even done a post for my mail blog yet!!
glad to hear the plant is making it. Ugh, HFM, that is a bad one. by now, hope your girls are much better...ethan was miserable when he had it a month or so ago....
Post a Comment