Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our New Space

Well as fore mentioned I made a few changes to the blog.  I wish I were a bit more savvy at such things as I would figure out how to add a few 'tabs' to the top too.  But, I haven't figured it out yet. However you'll notice you can now follow by email for my friends and family who aren't addicted to blog reading like me!  Also, you'll notice that I've decided to change the name (though not the address) of the blog.  That's because though we're not changing names we are changing addresses!  After much discernment I decided on just "Environs" (the second runner up was Life on the Mississippi- Kurt nixed that one).  By definition-
Environs (en-ver-uhnz)
1.
the surrounding parts or districts, as of a city; outskirts; suburbs.
2.
surrounding objects; surroundings; environment.
3.
an area or space close by; vicinity.
The initial idea for the name Life in Kieler and Environs came from a map that used to hang in my grandpa's house, it showed the lake he lived on and the surrounding area and there was a small plaque labeling it Kleutch Lake and environs.  Now, with a move from Kieler proper it will be shortened to Environs.  I like to think of this blog space as some place close by not just for me but for visitors too.  And when we're on the outskirts of something we continue to be people on the move and on the way to Something Greater.   So thank you for joining us on the journey in this space!

And now, the journey continues as we signed on this home today-

Our New Home!

View from the front yard to the backyard.  Yes, that's The River (Mississippi).

My cousin, Heidi, and Julia in front of the apple orchard.

A view from the orchard back at the house.

The rest of the back of the house. You can just barely see the cap garage on the far left.

As you can see, we have a view from the deck. 

The view heading down river.

The "Pine Grove"

12 comments:

rachael said...

I'm so excited to see it in person!!

Michelle said...

oh my GOODNESS!!! What a beautiful place!! I am so happy for you all! What adventures your daughters will have. And an orchard... just wow! So so happy!

Heidi said...

drool.........

I love it! I miss the Mississippi River Valley in fall. I also love the new name. It is so neat (and I learned a new word so that's cool too)

fs said...

Lovely! So jealous of your very own apple orchard!! By the way we miss you :)

Marla said...

Congrats!! so exciting. how far away from your old place is this one? Be sure to send me your new address!

Angie said...

The house is about 3 miles away from our current home. It will be a 'short' move. And visitors still don't have an excuse not to stop off the highway. ;-)

Monica said...

Oh gosh that view, WOW!!!!

Congrats! I'm guessing this is a bigger place (inside and out) as well than where you are now?

Angie said...

Yes we are gaining a third bedroom and a full partially finished walkout basement that leaves us lots of possibilities to continue to grow. We gain about 300 sq ft.

And yes, the yard is bigger than our current lot. Plenty of space to run, play, garden, sled, etc. it isn't an acre I'm guessing but the lot is well placed and laid out so that it seems like you've got your own little bit of land with a bit of diversity in views.

Unknown said...

I can just hop on my parents' boat and motor down for a visit. ;) Congratulations!

Angie said...

YES Paula! Yes!! ;-) Or skate down in the winter?

The Lawson Crew said...

Wow - how exciting! Happy moving and Happy Advent :-)

Erin said...

Beautiful! How exciting, Angie!