Monday, November 28, 2011

Its Coming! Its Here! Advent!

Well our preparations for Christmas have begun with the season of Advent (the beginnging of the Church Liturgical Year).  And here at our home there is much preparing going on, too.

With the impending move Advent (and especially Christmas) may be a bit more on the simple side than previously thought as there are preparations to be done in the moving department as well.  We are also taking a bit of a break from the Alphabet Path.  In December we'll just do the letter J (for Jesus- and his coming birth!) and our 'Advent Stuff' and resume in full swing in the new house come January. 

As for what we're doing for Advent.  I've mentioned Advent Adventure before, we're doing that and the Jesse Tree that they mention each day there.  The girls made their first ornaments today.  I've decided to forego my regular Christmas ornaments for the time being and just do their homemade ones this year.  We Julia being at that climbing monkey age our tree isn't that safe in her vicinity and once again the move will just make it all the crazier.  So our Jesse Tree will essentially become our Christmas Tree. 

Along with that we've got our Advent Wreath out and lit week one.  And we've been attempting a decade of the Rosary (with Advent Adventure).  We also have an Advent Calendar that they handed out in our church bulletin that we'll mark off days on.

Kate is already anticipating St. Nick's Day.  The stockings are hung and I've got a few things up my sleeve.  I'll try to take pictures.

We were up north last week for Hunting Season and I totally didn't take a picture.  Sorry.  It wasn't a good year for me 'catching a deer' as Katie called it.  Though I overheard a conversation between Kate and my niece (4 yrs) that might explain why--
My niece was telling Kate that her mom got two deer this hunting season (6pter and 14 pter, in MN) and then said, "My mom is a good hunter."  Katie's reply, "Well, my mom is not!" 

2 comments:

Monica said...

I do believe there is no time of year I like better than Advent, liturgically speaking, and just personally as well. It is so great. May yours be blessed, and happy moving as well! Definitely a busy time for you.

BLESSINGS!

Michelle said...

We are doing Advent Adventure this year for the first time and LOVING it!!! Ira even did the crossword today! Blessings this Advent season and prayers for a smooth move to the new place!