Monday, March 21, 2011

Poetry

So I was cleaning boxes out of the basement this weekend.  I conquered more than 4 boxes of old stuff that I moved here when I got married and haven't gone through and organized it or tossed it since.  Yikes. 

Anyway, one of the MANY things I stumbled upon was some poetry, some mine and some others that I copied for my 'collection' that has been collecting dust. Here is a sampling.

I throw my arms in the air
I cry my heart out to God
I couldn't understand
I am a drop in a pond
A face in a faceless crowd
Life has given me fruit
useless unless I understand its purpose
Tasteless unless I unleash the juices
I must learn to squeeze the lemon
Only then can I quench my thirst

_________


Freedom
Flightful fullness free
Without chains, walls, words
Full of life and love
To let what happens happen
Now, later
No crap no parents no time

Freedom
Of speech, of thought
Of bondage, of narrow-mindedness
To see the big picture and see the big picture
To show the world your second identity
Seen only in the shadows of your mind
felt only in the depths of your heart

Freedom
Out of the box that binds you
Fly and stretch in bliss
Ignorant bliss that has no end.
To think your own thoughts
uninhibited by the cultural norm
No standard of deviation
Complete deviation
Complete freedom
I'd like to try that.

__________

potent dark ice 
clouds
my spring joy
not fair
is it
no but
nothing is
trust
it will be
then
and 
it can be
when we love all
always 
in Christ
- R. Johll

_________

Snuggle up with a drink
a  lumpy cocoon
warm blossom of life
found out there
Beneath the weight
of my day


Lenten Earth
Pour dirt upon me
Merciful God,
a wreath of dry dark
earth,
forgive my sinful heart,
wake my voice to praise
and joy,
never pass over me Lord
-T. Brennan

No comments: