Thursday, January 27, 2011

A January Update

This winter month we've been keeping busy with all sorts of things. Here are a few...

Kate received a kitchen for Christmas from my brother and sister-in-law. She was SO excited to open it and has been playing with it nearly non-stop since. We do a lot of cooking and feeding babies. It has found a home in our living room and I am so grateful for the independent play its brought with it.

Crawling. Yes, Julia has been on the go for a few weeks now and into EVERYTHING. I've had numerous reminders that my floors are not as clean as they might appear and that babies have good eyes for spotting my weaknesses. ;-)

Outside the weather has been chilly but on the milder snow days Kate has really been enjoying the outdoors. She love bundling up in all her gear and will willingly spend a half hour playing with a bucket and snow in the yard. Here she is with dad 'working' in the garage.

Eating. Well it seems like I never stop-its a good thing I burn plenty of calories! And Julia has just started enjoying meals with us. Initially we tried some veggies but there wasn't much interest. After being on antibiotics I offered her some yogurt and it her interest has just blossomed. Beans, squash, yogurt and prunes are favorites.

Baths had been on our dislikes list for awhile. Kate didn't like that they included washing and Julia didn't like the fact that they included water. Recently the tides have turned. Since Julia has become a confident sitter bathing together became an option. And baths are now a good thing.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh the into everything stage... Sigh. I don't remember it being as bad with Gemma as it is with Kolbe. Wow. I have become a firm believer in baby proofing, but even still. ACK! This too shall pass.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like I eat nonstop. ;-D And that your little bean is enjoying big girl food. Kolbe ate like a take for awhile and has backed off and is back to nursing more now. Teething? Probably.

And the baths, thank GOD for independent sitting, makes it so much easier. Our two love bathing together as well. Sometimes a little too much (think "a hurricane hit the bathroom). Do you ever shower with K? G and I do that maybe a few nights a week if it works with Kolbe's needs and that typically works out pretty well. Although sometimes a nice quiet shower alone is nice as well...

Enjoyed the updates! Blessings, friend!!!

Greenberg said...

Oh the rolls on julia are so cute, love that age!!!

The Lawson Crew said...

Great January Update:-) How fun that Julia's crawling - Luke is getting really close. At our house, we also love play kitchens, water and snow - on the really cold days I've even let them play w/ a bucket of snow inside :-)