I got this idea for a post from Chez VH She has the template linked to her post that I didn't link with babe in arms. It has taken me awhile to put it together but the reflection was a good way to start the new year. I think my poetry needs some work.
Where I'm From
I am from a cup of coffee, from Grandma's Spaghetti-O's and shoes that are tied.
I am from the white house on Maple Street, small-town where you're known by your family name.
I am from the lilac bush, the May flowers in spring and the birches on Birch Drive.
I am from sapping and bushy eyebrows, from Doc Ed and Ethel and a slew of TLH's
I am from the Gelhaus loud talkers and those who lose their checkbooks, keys, glasses and other things often.
From where everyone has different priorities ours is family time and there's a lifeguard on duty.
I am from Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Whittlsey. Where the Catholic faith was simple and part of daily life.
I'm from the Mink Capital and the Island of Mann where you always land on your feet, venison and real syrup.
From the hitchhiker who went to town and came home thankful to be alive and another who made it cross county and back, from Midnight Swimming Parties and the double date on the sledding hill with broken bones.
I am from bookshelf of albums and boxes in the basement of history invaluable yet adding to my ability to pack-rat but reminding me of things that I am grateful for and want to share with my girls and anyone who'll listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment