Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Whiney Wednesday 1


Well, after watching a friend participate the past few weeks, I'm in.

1. Fall Colds: The girls have been sick the past three days. It has been difficult because though their colds are not too severe they haven't been able to sleep like they usually do. Little to no naps and rough beginnings when we put them to bed at night (coughing themselves awake). This makes for a messy house and worn out mom.

2. Stretches: Since being pregnant with J I've had back problems. I've been seeing a chiropractor and physical therapist since her birth. This has helped tremendously yet, I'm still not 100%. I have a regime of stretches I'm supposed to do daily- but I rarely make the time to do them. I find it so difficult to just lay down and stretch when I have a free moment- there's so many other things to do.

Want to add your whines and offer up your sacrifices for your family and friends? Stop over to this site for the details. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3. Laundry and Dishes: Recently the piles seem unending. A friend shared with me her recent nightmare that the dishes would never be done.. It seems a reality some days here. Dishes are my least favorite chore because they cause my eczema to flare up. And laundry, I don't mind getting it washed and dried but getting folded and it back where it belongs poses my biggest challenge.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Welcome to the club!! I just find it's a great way to keep myself more real. And vent. Because venting is just sometimes good.

Thanks for the tip on the patience. ;-D Aaron and I just watched "Evan Almighty" and there was a quote in there (I know, taking anything theological away from Hollywood is just dumb, but even so...) about patience etc. and it was really good. And Morgan Freeman makes an awfully good God, I have to say.

Happy Wednesday!

Pussywillow said...

I draw great comfort from Solange Hetz' commentary on cleaning (in _Women, Words and Wisdom_)--she notes that "God raised the needy from the dust" (where a housewife spends much of her time!) and says that our battle against dirt is symbolic of our battle against *sin*! It could even be sacramental (small "s") when it's offered as a penance, because it effects what it symbolizes.

"Does it follow that a housewife in the state of grace can battle sin by battling dirt? Certainly. This simple thought is staggering in its implications and practical implications. When a soul united to God in love scours the sink she performs a spiritual act, an act which is expiatory, redemptive. At the same time she is practicing humility, charity, obedience--a whole host of virtues."

She goes on to observe that it isn't just her own dirt we clean up, but that of others, a reminder of our unity as members of the Mystical Body of Christ. "It's the housewife's special little share in the Redemption to be able to atone for others' sins by washing others' clothes"

That perspective makes cleaning sound downright noble!

Then there's Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C., in _A Right to Be Merry_: "The poor little monastery of San Damiona was as much a castle as the luxurious mansion of Favarone where she was born, simply because St. Clare was a queen and breathed gracious gentility wherever she was. Many could pass themselves off as royal, given the ermine; but only the queenly in soul can be royal in patched serge behind a dishpan. St. Clare was one of these."

May God bless your queenly soul!