Well be excited- I posted twice now in July! Perhaps we're getting in the swing of things. This week is Vacation Bible School at our parish so the girls and I are planning on spending our mornings there Monday-Friday. Today went really well with both girls in tow and I was able to help teach and pray with the kids, too. I so love that part! More the latter part of the week!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Blessings
One of the really special gifts we received on the occasion of Julia's Baptism was this holy water font for the girls' room. It came with a holy water bottle in which we saved some of J's baptismal water and marked it with her name and date of baptism.
Yesterday, I finally got to hanging it up and of course Kate had to try it out.
She is really getting good a learning her prayers. She's got down the Angel of God ('cause we sing it each night) and is getting proficient at the Prayer Before Meals. The Sign of the Cross she has the words down on but sometimes (most of the time) messes up making the cross with her hand. Here she is showing me how we bless ourselves. Numerous times since hanging up the font I have found her standing by the door blessing herself over and over. And once she even found the holy water and was attempting to refill it!
The font is also pretty special because Providentially it goes with the Guardian Angel picture I have hung in the bedroom. Neato!
Finally, a picture of our other growing girl! Looking very girly in this picture where I was 'trying' to get her new smiles caught on camera. I think it would have taken hours and I still wouldn't have captured the moment. Anyway, she's awfully cute and nearing 13 pounds. I love the rolls! You should see her legs!
Well be excited- I posted twice now in July! Perhaps we're getting in the swing of things. This week is Vacation Bible School at our parish so the girls and I are planning on spending our mornings there Monday-Friday. Today went really well with both girls in tow and I was able to help teach and pray with the kids, too. I so love that part! More the latter part of the week!
Well be excited- I posted twice now in July! Perhaps we're getting in the swing of things. This week is Vacation Bible School at our parish so the girls and I are planning on spending our mornings there Monday-Friday. Today went really well with both girls in tow and I was able to help teach and pray with the kids, too. I so love that part! More the latter part of the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, the rolls! :) Your girls are so beautiful!
Very nice updates--Julia is growing well-- must be some good milk!
Post a Comment