I've been meaning to get some picture of the new window treatments we put up in our home this summer. You may recall that we got the bay and rear patio windows replaced in May last summer. I loved (and still do) the window trimming and hated to cover it with curtains shades and the like. However, recently there was a series of events that convinced me that it must be done (its quite humorous but don't know if I can blog it as Kieler is a small town and everybody knows everybody, if that's not a teaser!). If we lived in the country with no front yard and backyard neighbors I could continue enjoying my view with out curtains and wouldn't have to worry about others getting the reverse view but alas, such is not the case at the moment.
So without further ado- my not the greatest pictures of the curtains/windows.

This is the pick for the patio door/window. It has a bit more of a finished look with a valance and fancy rod. I think the style is called opera stripe or something like that. The colors are a gray/brown that matches our window and they're striped with a cream color that goes with the walls. I really like the look of the valances especially since I couldn't get around covering the wide wood trim.

A second shot of the same window treatments from a bit further back.

Then in the living room (I know the pictures are poor) we jerry-rigged a cafe rod to fit our extra long window and put up a satin like goldish/cream curtain. I've got to shorten these yet so that they hang by the sill instead of to the floor. Otherwise, though not as fancy as the dining room curtains, I am still pleased to be looking at my wide wood trim.

As I sit and nurse looking mainly out that bay window, like this, numerous times a day. Kurt took this shot while playing with the camera. I am pleased with the result.
On the same topic of windows, I hope you like the new look on the blog. I'm quite pleased. I received notification that The Cutest Blog on the Block was changing their location (or something) so I would have to reload my background. Lazy and efficient as I am ;-) I opted to check out Blogger's new options. And was pleased to find this "looking out my window" effect. I think it really brightens things up AND it does remind me of the view as you drive into Kieler from the south.
1 comment:
I loved the new look so much I copied!
Post a Comment