Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our first weeks with Julia

Well, I've been wanting to post for a while now but time and life haven't made it a priority. We've been busy adjusting to life with Julia in the mix here in Kieler. It is late at the moment. And tomorrow (and the weekend) are full of plans but here's a brief update.

How's Julia?
Julia is growing. She was 9 lbs. 8 oz. and an inch taller at her two week and I think by looking at her week three has seen some growth, too. She's more alert and beginning to pick up her head to throw her weight around. She is for the most part a pretty easy going little girl. She's had a hard time a few evenings (9 pm-11 pm) where she just can't get settled my latest guess is she doesn't like the garlic I've been eating. I am excited for more of our friends and family to finally get to meet her. She's definately a Snyder in appearence thus far and though her hair hasn't fallen out yet. ;-)

How's Kate?
Kate has been her usual two year old self. She is learning to be a better listener and is getting plenty of practice. It is a skill that can be difficult, I still struggle with it! She really enjoys being a big sister. See picture below. Holding Julia numerous times daily is still pretty special and she is constantly keeping tabs on where Julia is and what she'd doing. She's also been a big help and lover to her mom even though she continues to insist she's "gramma's girl". Potty training has been hit or miss (sometimes more 'misses' than hits) it seems to depend on the day. She's not as motivated/interested as she was previously.

How am I?
I'm feeling much better this today. After battling a head cold, loss of my voice, and lack of sleep for a few days things are looking up. I am still adjusting to having a newborn in the house again, it is funny the things you don't remember about the experience! Between loads of laundry and nursing I don't seem to 'do' alot. I really enjoy company though and have shared some good conversations with visitors of recent. I am also needed at the moment by a two year old...more later!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice update! I hope your time with family has been wonderful!

dawnkristine said...

She is beautiful...well they both are! Thank you for your kind words! Glad you are back posting!