Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some of this week's highlights


My Lily- A few weeks back I received a gift on my front stoop. A potted blooming lily! I'm not sure what kind it is or if it will survive the winter in my care but boy oh boy has it been blooming this summer and making me so HAPPY! Check out this weeks blossoms!


Planned Parenthood- Kate and I went with a friend to pray and protest in front of Dubuque's Planned Parenthood this week. I would like to start going on a more frequent basis. One of the difficulties I have with Planned Parenthood is that they offer abortifacients and refer young women to abortionists in IA. My prayer is for those women and babies. I am really struggling with the proposed health care bills for this same reason. I don't want to have my tax monies go towards abortion. I wish they would simply exclude it from the bill! I read a good column on this same topic this week. If you're interested, check it out, I really appreciated the commentary.


3-0! Our good friend Louie is turning thirty this weekend and we're going to celebrate!! There are plans for a large BBQ and bonfire on Saturday night. I'm in charge of the cake. Quite the task for a novice. But I am pretty pleased with the final product. Just finished it tonight. Happy Birthday Lou! We love you!


Work- I certainly have plenty on my plate as a mom but I was recently asked and accepted a position to be our clustered parishes part time DRE. I am excited for the task though it wasn't necessarily on my radar. I was given 'the keys' this week along with a pile of other things from the former director. And now the work begins...calendars and registration, oh and I'm looking for a few teachers and classroom aides. Any takers? Currently openings in 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 11/12th grades. Please pray for me and this ministry. I wouldn't categorize myself as 'gifted' at this sort of work. My gifts lie in teaching not organization. Though I know it is God who qualifies the called. I would appreciate prayers nonetheless!


Beans- Tis the season for freezing green beans. We were blessed this week with a large bag from a friend's crop (between the rabbits and the storm we had no luck). I washed, snapped, blanched and froze most of them. Still have an ice cream bucket left in the fridge to do this weekend.

Weather- It has been a warm one this week. We enjoyed a dip in our friend Joann's pool early on in the week. Had a chance to do quite a bit of walking and today had friends over for some fun in the kiddie pool out back. With five kiddos three and under I must say I always enjoy the company of Sarah and Rachael and our kids have just as much fun! I'm so grateful that the weather cooperated!

Signing off from Kieler.... Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Trina said...

WOW! I didnt know you were even thinking about working - you are going to be one busy Mama! Does this mean you cant ever come to visit for weeks at a time :( :( :( I hope not!

Karen said...

Hey what's up with having to read your blog to find out that you got a job? Mary is smiling on you now :) Just kidding, good luck with all of it, I'm sure you will do great. Kieler is lucky to have you.