Monday, August 31, 2009

Not much

Well the weekend has come and gone and I really don't have much to blog about....I know, I should probably get creative and do something clever here but I don't think that that will happen today.

Some things that are going on here in Kieler...

I have been hard at work organizing (as much as is possible for me) and preparing for this years Religious Ed program at our churches. Things have been going pretty well. I found two more teachers and a prayer aide so now I'm down to needing one more teacher for our grade school program. The high school program still needs one, too. I put out a plea to the parents in this weekends bulletin. I wish I knew how to convince parents that THEY are the first and primary educators of their kids (in all things) and that we're just here to assist them...and not we're the primary educators and they just get to sit on their duffs and maybe help with something easy. ;-) Anyway, our first teachers meeting is this Wednesday night and I'm getting things ready for that and looking forward to it. Changes will come little by little and only as God sees fit.

Kate is definitely becoming Miss Independent these days. And I'm struggling with it a bit. We've had a few days now that have been rough. She's shown a bit of a temper when things don't go exactly how she'd like. Usually it involves food and doing something by herself. And it takes a long time for her to settle down with tears etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anyone like sweet pickles? We'll have 4 gallons worth canned here in t-minus 12 days. Kurt is trying out his Grandma Frances Snyder's famous recipe. They're rumored to be the best! I don't like pickles so I'm not sure what we'll do with all of them. You can put in your orders on the comments section or email me at kielersnyder at gmail dot com.

I think I'll sign off for today. Thanks for reading and hope you have a marvelous Monday!

3 comments:

Trina said...

LOL! I can just see Little Miss Independant Katie...sounds like one of her cousins....not sure which one tho ;)

Good luck with the teacher hunt - that's the worst part - why don't parents understand that? grr!

Have a great day! :D LUV YA!

dawnkristine said...

LOVE to get my hands on the pickles. I am not coming that way at all though.

Karen said...

Independence is good, your goal is for your kids to be self-sufficient some day. It's great to start young even though it does sometimes turn into a power struggle. Just remember who's the boss and remind her often and all will work out just fine :)