Thursday, July 16, 2009

Water pictures and this and that


You know you're a delinquent blogger when you've yet to post in July and so much has been happening. Here are some "flashback" pictures my sister-in-law sent from the 4th. Kate had her first red popsicle and loved it! She's been getting her molars so anything cold on the gums in a plus. Her festive shirt was made even more festive with the red stain but I'm proud to say it all came out!


She really has been on a water kick for the month. We've had a chance to blow up her little pool and play out back. And have spent a couple hot days at our friends pool here in Kieler. Katie is a little swimmer. She loves kicking and playing with the balls in the pool at JoAnn's. Yesterday, we brought over a beer sampler for JoAnn's husband George and enjoyed sitting on the deck afterward. Kate played in the water till she was wrinkly and shivering.



In other news, we spent a weekend up north last weekend in Amherst. Attended the Annual Cibaric Pig Roasts at Janjevo Estates. It was a great time. Had a good spot to camp, friends, family and food. I know I throughly enjoyed it! I also had a chance to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a while.

This weekend we'll be hosting some Michigan Snyders. Kurt's brother Alan and his family will be headed this way tomorrow. We are looking forward to having a full house. Katie will be excited to see more cousins. She and I spent the day with her cousin Laura yesterday. Laura turned 11! We had a ton of fun on a girls shopping spree and topped it off with lunch and ice cream at Happy Joe's. Kate is such a social butterfly she really enjoyed hanging with Laura. I wish I'd have brought my camera there were a few cute outfits Laura tried on that were picture worthy- especially the dress with the skulls on it. ;-)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Great pictures!! Gemma seems to be quite the little water-bug, too! We spend more afternoons than not after naptime in the kiddie pool on our deck. I love the opportunity to watch her play and get a bit of sun!!

She just recently got to try her first fudgesicle too with daddy. YAY for summer goodies!!