Monday, March 23, 2009

An update that's well overdue...

Greetings from Kieler and environs....
I have been taking a bit of a break from the computer during Lent. Not full fledged fasting but nonetheless a break and so my blogging these past weeks has been non-existent. So here's an update from us in a different format

The Snyder Top 5 (of recent)

5. Katie has started to show her temper. I daresay she didn't get it from me but nobody is confessing that Kurt had a temper so I'm beginning to wonder. Certainly, she puts on her best face in public but I have proof for those who would believe she's a mild mannered little girl all of the time. Touche!

4. We've discovered that Kate would rather eat table food than 'baby' food. She wants what you've got on your plate. Her favorites- cheese, crackers, mac 'n cheese, and grapes. Ugh! It's a good thing she's still nursing for nutrition sake!


3. Kate and I spent a week up north at my folks. We enjoyed time with the cousins, uncles, aunty Trina and Gramma and Grandpa Harris and Great Gramma Gelhaus. Here are some of the photo highlights.


2. Find the strangest things fun. Kate enjoys playing in our folded laundry. She especially likes folded socks and breast pads. As weird as it it seems she sorts through the rest to find them! As she's definitely walking with assistance of furniture she also enjoys getting into the folded clothes in her drawers if they're left open.


1. We've caught a bit of a cold. Both Kate and I have runny noses and she really doesn't like me wiping hers. But surprisingly she's not been deterred in playing being her regular self for the most part. A few more tears here and there and that temper coming to the surface but we'll be on the mend in no time! I think she looks more miserable than she feels- honest!

2 comments:

Julie said...

oh goodness - those cheeks just kill me! Thanks for all the photos. We definitely need to come down to see you all again soon!

Monica said...

Enjoyed the updates! I hear ya, Gemma has started exhibiting some protest at times, and it is interesting to experience that stage of their development. YAY on the finger foods, Gemma still is not much into them, we're working on it though! Did you know Kraft (I believe) makes a Mac-n-Cheese that is 1/2 whole grain. Makes it a little better anyways. And goodness, one of Gemma's favorite "chores" is to help me with laundry. She loves unloading the dryer, and she'll attack a laundry basket with so much gusto I had to film it once. Laundry EVERYwhere. Isn't being a mom the best?!

Cheers!