
Kate and I have been sick this whole week. Ugh! If you've yet to have a sick kid let me tell you it is not a good time. The poor girl looks so miserable your heart aches for her. And there really isn't much you can do. It is tough because if you could make it go away you certainly would do so but she doesn't understand that or even that she's sick. I don't know what kind of bug we caught but we're congested with runny stuffed up noses and coughs, high temps and Kate has plugged tear ducts so she really looks crusty. God willing we're on the mend after day 5.
After a week quarantined to the house I am getting a bit stir crazy. Even a trip to the post office sounds exciting! Kurt has been our go getter. He's brought home the mail, groceries, more groceries, supper and these two tulips for his sick girls. I am so thankful for him without him I really might go crazy.
In the meantime, rest, liquids, steam and more rest are in order...stay well my friends!
3 comments:
I'm glad to hear you have turned the corner - Justin, Trav, and I had near about the same thing right around Christmas - definitely not fun. It was like a cold on steroids! The sniffles will last for another two weeks or so, but I think we are all finally cleared up now - hoping the same for you very quickly!
Aw bummer, get well. That is no fun on all accounts...you sick, the sick kiddo :( and the stir-craziness. Ugh. Godspeed to recovery!
Yech... being sick stinks! Ira just got over what sounds like the same thing. We found some awesome natural remedies at Wal-mart that really seemed to help. Hylands makes a tablet called sniffles and sneezes (they also make teething tablets that melt almost instantly) that just dissolves under his tongue. Also Little Remedies makes a saline mist that we used and really seemed to be a longer term help. (It lasted for probably 8 hours) Good luck!
Post a Comment