Good Morning World! Above you'll see the view from my kitchen window this morning- frosty! And the second pic is from my living room. As you can see it is even too cold for the birds! If you're not a native of the great state of WI you might not realize how cold I'm talking about. The HIGH here in Kieler today is - 5 degrees Fahrenheit with wind chills of -45 t0 -50 degrees at times. Umm, that's even cold for this native! All the schools in the state are canceled, I think. Well all except homeschoolers. Libraries and businesses are closed, well not the Medford Public Library- they're tough up there but the libraries here are closed. And so, Katie and I are once again in for the day. I am brewing a cup of coffee, blogging and making bran muffins as she sleeps. The house is warm so we really don't have anything to complain about! As a friend of mine wrote earlier this morning- coffee, warmth, peace...life is good.
We are anticipating a special visitor tonight. Fr. Brian Sutton, a friend of mine from Winona and Totus Tuus is planning to stop in and spend the night en route to Mundeline Seminary to visit other friends. I am excited and looking forward to it. It is a bit of a kick in the pants to clean the bathroom and remake the beds. I am also looking forward to introducing him to Kate. As we spoke on the phone last night it occurred to me that I didn't have a current number for him and well, he might not know of her existence since we haven't spoken since Kurt and my wedding (June of '07). He could be in for a surprise.
In other news, since she still sleeps, the church ladies and I will start our Bible study on the book of Matthew next week (weather permitting). I previewed the introduction video and felt like I was back in the classroom again. It nearly mimicked my class on how we as Catholics read Sacred Scripture. It talked about CONTEXT...a point I tried to drill home with my students again and again. How can we understand a text if we don't look at the context in which it was written. Who wrote it? When? For what purpose? To whom? Where? etc. It also included a good refresher on the senses of Scripture- Literal, the first and primary sense and the Spiritual senses Allegorical, what does this text mean in light of Christ, Moral, what does this text mean for me/us in our lives and Anagogical, what does this mean looking toward the future/the end times. I am really looking forward to reviewing the book of Matthew with these ladies. What a gift!
Well she stirs...time to face the rest of this cold day!
No comments:
Post a Comment