Friday, November 9, 2012

H Week


Here are some things from this week of H interest...

Hundreds...


Counting to a hundred with the hundreds chart! Julia thinks she's got this figured out.



99...one HUNDRED!
I promised Kate we'd count something edible for snack after nap time today...like Cheerios or goldfish.  The concept still isn't quite figured out as she said, 'I can't eat that many!  I'd be so full!'  Hehe!
 
 
Hair...
Rag rolls anyone?
Here's a picture of the curly "Shirley" (as in Temple) after hair!
Our online friend Heidi mentioned that to curb some of the whining (and in our case crying and screaming) about hair combing that she bribed her daughter with promises of curls.  Kate has recently taken to asking for curly hair like Julia for the past few months anyway and I thought...what the heck!  It has worked like a charm!  She now begs to be bathed and sits still for combing and rag rolls.  It looks awful cute when done, too!  She's loving all the attention and can't wait to show Gramma.  Thanks Heidi!

Hopscotch...

One foot...
I took the girls out this morning and we attempted to play hopscotch.  Which they LOVED!  I could only manage so much hopping at this point but that didn't seem to trouble them too much. 
Two feet...hop, hop, hop!
Heidi...
The other Heidi, my cousin, is coming to visit this weekend.  This is the H thing I've been most looking forward to the past few days.  First off, good company but also, help!  Perhaps having a babysitter in house will help things move on to Hurry to the Hospital?  Those would be H words causing me to shout-  Hip Hip Hooray!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh yeah! I'm so glad it worked for you too! Hair is so much less of a headache for us now. It look gorgeous in that picture!

(PS your comment moderation was giving me impossible words and it took like 5 tries to post this, eventually resorting to audio!)