So, a nurse at our clinic for my last appointment not only gushed over those previously posted ultrasound pictures but shared her newest favorite recipe for salsa out of the garden. She's a GEM! I'm dubbing it High Point Salsa (named after our clinic) to give it distiction from what has been my normal salsa recipe the past 5 years with 'chunks' in it that the kiddos (and Kurt) don't eat as well. High Point Salsa is what I'd call a 'kid friendly' recipe with those veggies hidden in there. I've yet to figure out if I can can it. If you're a home canner any suggestions would be appreciated!
High Point Salsa- from Nurse Ally
10 roma tomatoes, cut in half (face up)
10 garlic cloves, peeled
2 peppers (she's written in 1 pubbelano and 1 sorleno, I've used whatever came out of our garden and varied depending on how spicy I want it)
2 onions quartered
Roast @ 375 degrees F for 40 minutes on a cookie sheet.
Add
1 T of sea salt
2 T of fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
Blend (in your blender or use a handy immersion blender and save on dishes!!).
Enjoy!
High Point Salsa- from Nurse Ally
10 roma tomatoes, cut in half (face up)
10 garlic cloves, peeled
2 peppers (she's written in 1 pubbelano and 1 sorleno, I've used whatever came out of our garden and varied depending on how spicy I want it)
2 onions quartered
Roast @ 375 degrees F for 40 minutes on a cookie sheet.
Add
1 T of sea salt
2 T of fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
Blend (in your blender or use a handy immersion blender and save on dishes!!).
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Not that I'm an experienced canner or anything, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be safe to can because of the acidity. Canning recipes recommend bottled lemon/lime juice because their acidity is guaranteed, whereas fresh lemons/limes can vary. Of course, I'm pretty paranoid about deviating from tried/true/proven canning recipes with the whole botulism thing...
I wonder if you could pressure can it, but I wouldn't have any idea for how long. I have a salsa recipe I love that I would love to can but would have no idea if it would be "safe" or not. This one looks delicious too. May have to try it soon!
Post a Comment