Friday, May 4, 2012

My Latest Fav Site

Divine Office - Liturgy of the Hours - Breviary - Free Audio - Bible - Prayer
Elizabeth Foss mentioned the app for Divine Office recently in a post...which was Divine Providence in my world as I have been feeling the call to go deeper in prayer after the worst Lent spiritually in my memory to date.  Anyway,  I've been too cheap to buy the app just yet but I have however been LOVIN' the web page.   This bookmark has been getting lots of use.
I used to pray the Liturgy of the Hours frequently before children so praying them in the midst of distraction and at infrequent nap and quiet times has been a new experience.   And at times a great challenge -- do I forgo that much needed first trimester sleep for a 5:30 a.m. wake-up before Julia?  Or attempt to pray Morning Prayer over the dirty but now deserted breakfast table with the crying of small children in need of adult mediation from time to time?  What do I do when eldest refuses to nap or be quiet in the afternoon?  And when I am sorely tempted to nap myself?   We're working through these kinks slowly. 

Regardless, I am excited to be praying the Psalms again!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Are you expecting?!

If so, congrats!!!

Monica said...

It's a balancing act. My spiritual director told me you should always minister to the greatest need at the moment. Sometimes it's your kids. Sometimes your spouse. Sometimes it's prayer. Sometimes it's a nap. All a matter of discerning...easier said than done, but the fact that your thinking about it in the first place says you're on the right track I'd say!