I did learn a 'famous' apple trimming saying of the orchard's previous owner- "You can kick a cat through a well trimmed apple tree." I like it. And I must say after all the trimming the guys did the trees are looking ready for cats. ;-) Or at least much better and hopefully ready to bring on the blossoms.
Here are the little stick haulers. Kate ended up getting sick later in the night...she and Kurt both have high fevers today and are couch buddies but hopefully the fresh air did them good this weekend those colds will be kicked in no time.
This isn't even all the trimmings. You'd think we'd cut down a couple trees with pile we made. We're waiting to do that after a year and we see what we get. Then perhaps next spring we'll be adding a few new trees to the orchard to replace a few of the ones that aren't fairing as well.
On a side note: Another request answered by God in our new home! I have been asking Kurt for a lilac bush (my favorite flower) since we've been married. It will be 5 years in June. Well we discovered at least 5 in our backyard beyond the apple trees! Thanks Kurt! God certainly provides in abundance!
No comments:
Post a Comment