I feel like I'm a bit behind in my blogging. We were knocked out with the sickies awhile ago now and yet I just don't feel like I've got things clicking again at home or online. So here's a bit of a round up post of some of the things we were up to in January.
On the Alphabet Path we conquered K week (which deserves its own post) L, M, N and are now in the midst of O! Oh my, the weeks seem to fly by at home.
 |
| L for Ladybug, Kate found a book of cakes with this one featured on the cover while visiting the Library during L week. I baked with help and they of course decorated. |
 |
| M for Mouse |
We stole this idea from Work, Play, Read. It was a hit along with the book. I am thinking of using it again in a lesson I'm teaching for an art coop on colors but am wondering about finding an alternative a bit more advanced for some of my early elementary kids (ideas?).
 |
| My girls were hesitant to paint with their hands. I think I need to let them let loose a bit more. ;-) |
 |
| It became necessary to take out the brushes so we could keep our hands clean. They don't get that from me! Maybe Kurt? |
 |
| M is for ___? Mom of course! Couldn't you tell it was me? |
January also brought our first and thus far only snow of the season. Strange weather for here in WI we've usually got quite a bit but just today I noticed our lawn is nearly snow free. :-( While we did have some flakes on the ground Kate and her friend Joseph tried out our new sled on our new sledding hill. It is AWESOME! We are praying for more snow before we have some other friends come to stay for 3 days. It would be great to play outside with them!
 |
| They really went quite the distance after a few runs. They were cold but HAPPY. The joy of sledding brought back memories of my youth (Scream Mountain, Marla?) and smiles all around! |
 |
| In the spring I think we'll need to move that lone obstacle because you know they'll hit it eventually. |
Our trip north in January was foiled by illness so the girls have been daydreaming of Gramma and Grandpa non-stop. Hopefully our trip for February will be successful. We are healthy for the moment but croup is going around in families we're close to here. One of the dear ones is hospitalized currently, you can say a prayer that all will be well with him soon.
We started storytime at the library and as I mentioned are in the initial stages of starting a coop for art and gym for stay @ home and homeschool families. More on that and other endeavors soon!
2 comments:
HAHA, we loved Mouse Paint as well and our incident with the fingerpaint was similar to yours. I know I posted on it sometime back.
Enjoyed the updates, and so glad you won the contest!!!
ooh, looks like a great sled hill! next time we'll have to come visit in wintertime!
Post a Comment