Wednesday, October 5, 2011

7 quick takes (not on Friday)

I haven't done one of these in awhile and it seemingly will fit my needs at the moment as a bit of catch-up here in Kieler.  Since I'm ready before Friday I'll post it now and if I remember link it to Jen's at Conversion Diary on Friday.

1- We've had some company here in Kieler.  My aunt Katie and cousin Heidi paid us a visit in September.  It was fun to have them for the weekend.  We hit Galena to do some window shopping and just enjoyed a visit.  Heidi even stayed to watch the Packers that afternoon! 



2- As you may or may not have been wondering.  I made it to Norway and back.  I returned with some special treats for our Moms Group.  Here are the pictures recording our celebration.  I can't imagine life in Kieler without these ladies from the environs.  They are such blessings to me as friends, sounding boards, support, and comic relief.


3- We harvested our pumpkins a few weeks back.  There were some dandys!  I haven't decided if I am going to process them for pie or just enjoy them for seasonal decoration.  Kurt says according to his favorite t.v. show that pumpkin is the one thing you need not make from scratch for the best taste/most effort. Hmmm.
Isn't she a posing pumpkin?


4- We've been enjoying the fall sports season here in Wisconsin.  The reigning Super Bowl Champs aren't doing so bad, the Badgers had a great win this past weekend and the Brewers- we're not the only ones rooting for them!
Notice Katie's hat?
Root, root, root!!
5- We've as mentioned started our way down the Alphabet Path here at home.  It has been a work in progress for me but that'll have to be a whole post in itself.  Beyond Elizabeth Foss' Serendipity site with all its Alphabet Path links and book recommendations I have been reading her book, Real Learning- Education In the Heart of the Home.   I also must mention that I have found these sites and the work of these folks very helpful and insightful--

On Montessori, Homeschooling, Reading/Literacy, and More-- Heidi's blogs at Work And Play, Day By Day and Work, Play, Read are gems that I continue to return to over and over.

Here's Julia having some sensory play with cornmeal.  She LOVED it!

On all the extras, crafts and fun stuff Catholic as well as great links for Religious Ed--Lacy at Catholic Icing is worth reading.

On trying things out for the first time, Monica and I have found ourselves in similar experiences.  She is full of ideas and as always is keeping it real.

6- We spent some time up north the end of September.  This is the only picture I took. It is my littlest nephew snitching some waffle, that Julia snitched from her cousin Kaylee.  He can't walk yet but was totally cruising on her so he could have a taste or two. 

We came home on Wednesday and brought Kaylee with us!  It was such a treat for the three girls to play together for an extended stay.  They were really well behaved.  We had so much fun!  My folks and family came down for the annual Kieler Parade (have you read about it the past three years?).  The weekend weather was pleasant.  The kiddos just wanted to play and for the most part that was fine by us.  The parade was the best yet in our opinion.  I enjoyed it to the fullest not taking one picture the whole weekend (shame).  Perhaps, this will entice others to come check out this one of Kieler's main events- you'll have to see it for yourself!

7- I found this at The Badger Catholic's blog.  I had to repost it here because nearly half of the people in it are from Kieler (or environs) and/or I know them!  Very fun! 

St. Pauls promo video from Backflip Films on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love the picture of your girls in their sports apparel. Adorable. And hooray for the Alphabet Path- hope you all have fun :)

Meredith said...

What a fun catch-up, Angie! Love Heidi, and love Fr. Eric Neilson. Thanks for posting that video.

Monica said...

Um. You went to Norway? How did I miss that?

Angie said...

yeah but the trip was a quick one- do you remember the passport picture photo's of Julia? That's what they were for...I should really do a post...among the other things I should do...;-)