Christmas Greetings from Kieler!
It seems from year to year, as I look back on Christmas letters past that the time seems to go faster. I know that as a kid the days of Advent always went so SLOWLY and anticipating Christmas this year I can’t help but wonder how time can pass so swiftly! I had great expectations to get this letter out earlier, good thing the Christmas holiday is technically longer than just the 25th of December.
We were blessed to be able to join my parents in Arizona the last week of Advent for a week of vacation and work on their rental property. The six of us enjoyed our time their and even got to meet up with Kurt’s sister and her family who were in the area at the same time. We returned to celebrate Christmas Eve here in Kieler and Christmas Day with the Snyders. We’re looking forward to a Harris celebration over the New Year’s weekend. I know Kate and I have really been enjoying all the celebrating and family time. It will be strange when the hustle and bustle is over!
Kate turned 2 this year. She is all of that and more- her vocabulary, physical ability and independence have grown in leaps and bounds. Katie enjoys getting out of the house as much or more than her mom and most mornings will wake with, “Where are we going today? What's the plan?” Some milestones include being able to use the toilet all by herself, sleeping in a big bed and being a big sister. She can sing too many songs to mention and has a mind for memorizing- songs, books, and whatever you might say. She is always hungry. Her favorite things these days include—playing children, being outside, painting, brushing her teeth, having coffee and hoarding sister’s pacifiers.
Yes, little sister, Julia Ann Snyder entered the scene a week earlier than expected. Kurt and I had been planning one last date for his 30th birthday (I had secretly gotten a babysitter and had plans for dinner and a movie) when I awoke in labor at 1 AM. What is that saying, “Make plans and God laughs”? So we called in our closest nighttime volunteer at 2 AM; called my mom on the way to the hospital about 3:30 AM. Julia was born at 4:39 AM on May 25th weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz and measuring 21 inches long. Perhaps with such a swift arrival she’s the reason things seem to be moving faster? She’s done nothing but grow- now nearing 20 lbs. She sits, scoots, loves playing in her exersaucer, playing with her sister, and is still working on those first teeth. Ju-Ju Bee as big sister calls her is a laid back baby and full of smiles when anyone may look her way. We are blessed to have this happy soul in our family.
As mentioned, Kurt joined the ranks of 30 this May. We celebrated at home. He continues to enjoy working at Deere where they have been keeping him busy. He took over as president of our men’s group at church and together we learned about cooking chicken and mulligan. He still enjoys playing fire fighter, handyman and farmer- for which I am grateful. He’s a wonderful model of work and providing for our family. We enjoyed meeting his extended family at the Timmerman Family Reunion this summer.
I continue to grow in my role as wife, mom and keeper of the house. I work part-time at our church and have really been enjoying year two on the job. The girls and I get together frequently with friends for playgroup, coffee, prayer and fun. This year also included a host of weddings, births and baptisms. Of note, we’re an aunt and uncle again to Evan Harris and godparents to Celine Marlette and Xavier Casey. I was part of the planning celebrating 100 years of the Newman Center at my alma mater. The weekend in Winona was wonderful! We also enjoyed catching up with friends at the Pig Roast and made a trip south to Nebraska to visit friends, too. There were many trips north to Mom and Dad’s their hospitality is so wonderful we only wish the drive was shorter! You can always read the latest and see more pictures here.
Much Love,
The Snyders ~ Kurt, Angie and Katie and Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment