Monday, February 9, 2009

We're up to mischief and getting teeth...

Recently, Kate has developed a mischievous streak. She has been able to spot those areas that I have yet to baby proof and has proved to test them and my patience a bit. She has I think some sense that some of these things are "no-nos" For example, when she makes a beeline for the bathroom to go stand by the toilet she'll stop in the doorway and turn around to say "Hi" and give you the look seen below.


Mom, Dad are you watching? She has been really fluent and frequent with her "hi" and has occasionally added "da" or "mama" to the end of it but the most common ending is "Jesus". A few weeks ago she noticed the crucifix in her room while diaper changing. I took her over to say hi to Jesus and give him a kiss. Since then we can't go through a diaper change without greeting Jesus. And she's noticed other crosses, too! At Mass it is a hoot to see her wave and say, "hi Jesus," to the cross in front of church. She's keeping me holy.

The other news we've welcomed the arrival of tooth #4 and with it a veracious appetite. It is exciting to see her explore and experience new foods. She seems to really enjoy eating.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Ahhhhhh, Gemma does the same thing, she KNOWS when something is wrong and will kind of look back. She even shakes her head no, it's great. She is learning, still many many bumps along the way, but I am proud that she is learning right and wrong!!

So what kind of things is Katie eating now? Gemma's appetite is getting better. Still not great, but not as awful as it had been.

Thanks, I always enjoy the updates.

Monica said...

Oh, and Gemma is fluent in "hiiiiiiii" too!! EVERYone at the store gets a sweet "hiiiiiiii," and when we look in the mirror it is "hiiii babyyyyyy". She says "Jesus", too. And puppy. That's her favorite word of late. Puppy, puppy, puppy, puppy, puppy. :-D

Julie said...

What a sweet kid you've got there - she is growing growing growing!!

The Lawson Crew said...

I love the "look Mom, I'm going to do something naughty smile" Miriam does that too w/ a delighted giggle as she empties the dog dish :-)